Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Review: Hood Golden Eggnog

In my intro post I alluded to a brand that was my favorite but changed. Well this was it, Hood Golden Eggnog, the first time I bought this brand it was the absolutely most delicious tasting eggnog I've ever had, it had the smell, the taste, texture, and no gross after taste.  I drank about 3 qts last fall but I went out one last time around January to buy it before they were pulled off the shelf until next Fall.  Well, I opened it up and took a snift didn't smell quite right, hmmm, poured a glass and took a sip, tasted bland and it was much lighter texture and a bit more sugary barely had a hint of that eggnog taste.  I was very disappointed, but I figured maybe it was a bad batch at the end of the season.

So fast forward to this week, Eggnog finally started arriving on store shelfs, I decided to give the Hood Eggnog another shot. Unfortunately, it tastes like the carton I got at the end of the year, rather then the delicious tasting eggnog I once remembered it to be.  My guess is Hood decided to cut back on the amount of eggs they put in and ad some sugar and light cream to compensate.  It's really ashame, it really was the best I tasted before they messed with it.  I won't be buying or recommended Hood Golden Eggnog anytime soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment